As the title suggests, we’re doomed. No not everyone, just everyone in my house.
Our youngest daughter officially took her first steps yesterday. I thought I had learnt with Miss 2, don’t push them to be fast learners, you’ll only regret it, I told myself. So I took a back seat and didn’t encourage her that much. But like any competitive parent, I want her to be the best and the fastest. It will be my downfall I swear!
But yesterday she did it, all by herself, a couple of steps.
What I am not looking forward to is the following;
– Opening kitchen cupboards and pulling everything out,
– Throwing a tantrum at the shops because she is now an independent girl and needs to walk every where,
– Running away from me at the shops after said tantrum,
– Scaring me at parks and other public places by running towards dangerous situations (e.g. behind swings), and,
– Climbing out of her cot and running around her room, periodically banging on the door keeping her two sisters awake.
Having just said all that, I am really excited that she is beginning the next stage of her development. I would just prefer it if she chooses to sit still, not run away and not test my patience in any of the scenarios I mentioned before.
Did you push your kids to walk as soon as possible? Did you regret it? Leave a comment below!
Not a member of the Raising3daughters.com family? Just pop your email in the box below!