“Babe, if you get up, I’ll let you sleep in”
I roll out of the bunk beds (1st floor of course) because apparantely a cat nap is all our youngest daughter needs tonight, plus who can resist a sleep in?
I get her up, 10 minutes and she’ll be ready to go back to sleep.
I put her down, tantrum. Bugger.
Why don’t I write a sarcastic blog post about the top 10 things I love about being a parent?
1. As a parent, I can play games with my kids at 2 am.
2. No matter how hungover I am, my kids love me enough to wake me up at 6 am.
3. If my kids shit their pants, I am privileged enough to clean it up.
4. Even if the best football game in the world is on TV, I don’t get to watch it. Instead, I watch Peppa Pig.
5. I no longer have to take a dump alone.
6. When I buy an ice cream, I no longer get to eat it all by myself, I get to share it. With three other people, who have already eaten their ice creams.
7. I can no longer spend any more time than it takes to eat a meal at any restaurant or pub. Upon completion of said meal, we get to leave, ASAP.
8. I know every word of the following movies:
– Despicable Me 2,
– Despicable Me,
– Finding Nemo,
– Smurfs 2,
– Smurfs 1,
– The Lion King, and
9. I get to buy a loaf of bread and 3 litres of milk at least 4 times a week, and last but certainly not least,
10. I no longer have any time or money to spend on a hobby such as golf. Instead, I blog about how much I love my kids at 2:30 am.
So there is 10 reasons why I love being a parent. What’s yours? Leave a comment below!